• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Over Spray ROLAND VS-640i

RNdesign

Hello guys, need help about print problems with cyan overspray.
Test print from plotter cyan and black are perfect, any file send from VersaWorks6 stays overspray with cyan like attached photo.
Steps done: Cleaning (Normal, medium, intense and manual), Encoder Stripe is clean, change inks, checked cables.
Print head is LOW position.

Have someone solved this kind of problem ?

Attachments

• 20221031_013018.jpg
    20221031_013018.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 558

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you changed the cap top recently? I would also change the wipers (both rubber and felt) if you haven't changed them recently either and see if that improves. You can also change the encoder strip if you have a spare one and see if any improvement. You can always swamp the head cables around (while powered off and un-plugged) to see if it changes which color is over spraying. If there is a change, then you know it's the cables that need replacing, if no change at all and you've changed the parts I mentioned above, then it sounds like a head issue and you may need a new one.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into service mode and print the nozzle check. Your head prints multiple sized dots. Sometimes heads fail and only show the defect in one of the sizes. In user mode, the nozzle check prints only the largest sized dot. In service mode it will print the smaller dots and you might see a defect in that print. At the end of the day, overspray is almost always electrical. Check your head cables for damage and/or dirtiness and replace if needed. But if your head is on the older side I would be prepared to get a new one.

tnawards

Good Morning,
For me its always been a static issue. I slow the print speed. Clean your encoder strip then run environmental match. Maybe that will help.

RNdesign

Good Morning,
For me its always been a static issue. I slow the print speed. Clean your encoder strip then run environmental match. Maybe that will help.
Slower print speed = more cyan overspray, already clean encoder strip and environmental is okay

RNdesign

Oright guys, conclusion that i have about this:
Only in 360x720dpi doesn't overspray with cyan.
I tried all solutions possible, temperatures , cleaning, calibrations, bi-direcional, head soak, etc

Any sugestions ?