• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

packaging finished pieces...

pixel_pusher

I'm finally getting the hang of mounting graphics, trimming substrates and not having to throw away 1 for every 2 I get right. Do you guys have any suggestions for how to package these beautiful signs so they will still be beautiful when the customer receives them? A few examples:

1) Foam Core: It's the lowest form of substrate life. You breathe on it, the corners bend. I need a way to reinforce the corners for shipping. Also, I have been putting sheets of craft paper between each mounted print - is that necessary? Due to the temporary nature of foam core mounted prints, I never laminate them.

2) 18x24 coroplast signs: Do you guys just shrink wrap these together and call it a day?

I come from a commercial printing background, and all we do is just put the finished product in a box, and tape it shut. The large format stuff is so much more delicate. Do I need to build foam-lined wooden crates for everything?

jiarby

shipping foamcore?? just use a tyvek envelope & UPS! (not!)

All my biz is carryout. No shipping. Even so, check your nearest "United Framing Supply" catalog for packaging material used to ship art. Especially corner reinforcing cardboard pieces!

http://www.unitedmfrs.com/