• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paint Help

keggert

I am painting a sign on a concrete wall around part of a local race track that is currently painted white with black lettering. My customer would like a bright (flourescent) pink background with black letters outlined in white. The only problem I am having is finding a suitable flourescent pink paint. Have tried automotive paint suppliers with no luck and none of the paint stores have much in that type of color without it just looking like a pale pink. The sign is 50 feet long by 3 1/2 feet high.

Please point me in the right direction to find a suitable paint.

Richard Flint

1-Shot and Ronan make fluorescent oil based paints that can be applied by brush or roller.

The only thing is they have limited outdoor exposer.

imaSIGNr

Not sure , but try Glidden....They have one called pro master HP exterior Acrylic gloss enamel. I got some very bright yellow once. I'm looking at the can now. It was good outside and I think they had some flourscant colors too.

Si Allen

1-Shot and Ronan make fluorescent paints that work quite well!
Make sure your customer knows that they fade very quickly, and that they will have to be repainted regularly.

A clear UV coating will make them last longer, but then they will not be as bright.

South facing will fade much more quickly then North facing.

Craig Sjoquist

yes use ronans ron-glow fluorescent all the and apply ronans aquacoat uv clear gloss, will keep it bright BEFORE you letter black, spillage and dirt will come off that way without ruining color ... keep in mind you be able to come back before the big race aleast once a year maybe more ..bravo bravo nice contract ...if you need a supplier ....... star scenic supply in orlando fl carries gallons ...midwest sign supply in Mpls, Minn or N glanzts should also ....another tip mix with penitrol about 25% that will streach it and allow it to roll well on concrete ..let it dry at least 2 hours before applying aquacoat (it's waterbase) and pink ron-glow with penatrol will take a bit to dry enough ...you can also use aquacoat black / white for lettering or 1 shot with the white bristle wall brushes
thank you n enjoy life

keggert

Thanks All...

I've gotten the same insight from a lot of folks about the flourescent colors fading pretty quickly in the sunlight. I'll check out the ronans and see if that will work.

SignosaurusRex

One thing to remember (for paint newbies) is that for fluorescent colors, you need to have an ALL WHITE basecoat layed down and dry first, to apply the fluorescent color over. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone try to paint fluorescent over another color like gray or red....... Just another $.02