• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

paint protection film / clear bra nose guard template source

scott pagan

i'm looking for a source for a 2014 Subaru Imprezza STI (5-door/hatchback) PPF file. i have the film and so rarely get request for a full front bumper, and partial hood -that i just want an accurate file to cut, apply, and move on. does anyone offer one-off files? we mainly use blocks or strips of PPF for basic protection areas and have not had contoured diecut pieces to work with.

Bly

We haven't offered paint protection films before but it could be a good addon to wraps.
What kind of films are you guys using & how hard is it to install?
You have to apply wet don't you?

S'N'S

We haven't offered paint protection films before but it could be a good addon to wraps.
What kind of films are you guys using & how hard is it to install?
You have to apply wet don't you?

I don't do them, but I have been thinking about it as there isn't anyone around here doing them. I've watched a few videos of installs and looks fairly straight forward if you can get the template otherwise a little mucking around making one.

striper14

if you can get a template they're okay but if you have to repair panels that have been cut directly on the car or if you are going to try it that way, they're a nightmare so run away...fast

with the template, applying wet works well cos you dont have to cut the material, just gently heat to get it to form round the curves & dry enough to stay flat

without a template & trying to cut directly on car...well for a start it takes ages for it to dry enough to cut without sliding around. Using a heat gun just seems to create bubbles & its very easy to get stretch lines when you're trying to shape to a curved guard. And the smallest piece of dirt can stuff the whole panel. You are usually dealing with expensive cars & fussy owners...its a job i avoid if possible

cheers

scott pagan

Thanks for all the replies. The patternworx site has what I am after. Signs101 always has the best tips!

...usually dealing with expensive cars & fussy owners...its a job i avoid if possible
My thoughts exactly, but it's for a good pal so I want to help and offer the best job I can.