• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PALIGHT OUTDOOR FOAM PVC

Chris Bogan

I just found out that Palram has sold the exterior PVC division and Palight Specialty Outdoor PVC is no longer available through Grimco. We use the 19mm a lot on exterior signage - routing and direct print. In our experience, the non-outdoor PVC tends to yellow over time. Does anyone have recommendations for alternatives or finishing or protecting the non-outdoor PVC?

johnnysigns

It's hit or miss, but I have a sign I made for a neighbor out of the palram standard 6mm stuff and one of the signs is yellowing. It's getting much more sun exposure than some of the others I did and even our own signs, but the 1 is migrating in color.

Chris Bogan

It's hit or miss, but I have a sign I made for a neighbor out of the palram standard 6mm stuff and one of the signs is yellowing. It's getting much more sun exposure than some of the others I did and even our own signs, but the 1 is migrating in color.
Yes. We had an issue on one sign where half was outdoor and the other half regular and the regular side is yellowing.

johnnysigns

For some of our display parts we prefer the Vycom brand Celtec too. It's denser and we find it a lot smoother honestly.

Jean Shimp

How does this perform for exterior signage where the white is non-panted and exposed, specifically as relates to yellowing?
I have not seen any evidence of yellowing on exterior signs. However we usually spray the background with a semi gloss white if it is a permanent sign because the PVC can get dirty, especially on the edges, if it is not cleaned regularly. But we have had a fair amount of unpainted white signs outdoors with no major issues.

johnnysigns

How does this perform for exterior signage where the white is non-panted and exposed, specifically as relates to yellowing?
I don't have any recent first hand experiences doing that honestly. PVC's been basically blacklisted for retail interior display components and signage. I thought Vycom Celtec had an outdoor equivalent, but I don't have their full catalogue in front of me.