• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Panel length issues

Mitro

I am looking to buy either the GS6000 or the Mimaki JV33 and would like to know from Epson users if it has panel length issue like the Mutoh 1614 I used for 3 years. Since the GS is a virtually a Mutoh with more colors I figure it does.
On the Mutoh I would rip and tile at Production House set it to flip every other panel and print. Then when trimming every panel would be slightly different in height.
I really would like to buy the GS but consistency is more important than a wider gamut.

Thanks
Mitro

Rydaddy

I have the Epson. I have not specifically noticed any problems with size. Whether it's panels for a semi trailer, or 10 identical sign panels. Any size issue we have is typically human interaction if we happen upon it. I will tell you that the EPSON and the JV33 are two different machines as far as operation and user interface.

noregrets

I have just ordered one of these printers, but have heard of that same issue, although not sure on the severity of it.

If you have access to a dealer nearby you could maybe do a test on one with some panels and see what happens?

boxerbay

no panel problems here. be sure when loading media to set the clamp all the way down to high pressure so it grips the media tight and you dont have any slippage on long panels. we just printed 14 panels for a 27 foot box truck and every panel was identical in length. we use colorburst. Note - we did have to split up the job into individual panels in the rip. so each panel was it's own single run. we dont make one gang of 14 panels and let it run continuously. 1. colorburst crashes with so much info. 2. i like to let the machine get a little break between panels in order to run a cleaning cycle if needed and to adjust take up if needed.