• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Paper-faced adhesive stock for labels?

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
I am having a difficult time sourcing any paper-faced adhesive stock (vs. vinyl) in wide format rolls. I have an increasing number of clients who want paper labels. Does such a product exist?

Henrix Overcash

I am having a difficult time sourcing any paper-faced adhesive stock (vs. vinyl) in wide format rolls. I have an increasing number of clients who want paper labels. Does such a product exist?
Unless it's really small runs it would be alot more cost effective to send the job to a wholesale label house.

victor bogdanov

I've used Canon #60 Semi Gloss Label Scores w/Perm Clear Adhesive on my Colorado 1650, great label paper but I think it's UV only. Made by MacTac part #MSGLAB54300, very cheap compared to even the cheapest vinyl, they have a good number of choices but for UV or water based inkjets

mactac seems to be one of the big players in label stock

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You can try Sihl 3683.

We were in the same situation and eventually bought a full roll based printing and finishing system in the end. So much faster than doing it with wide format. We can print and finish 2000 labels in under an hour.

garyroy

What is the size of the label? and the quantity?

OnlineLabels.com has a very wide assortment of sheet labels that can be passed through inkjet or laser printers.
If the quantiles get large, then try to outsource them from a wholesaler.

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all of the suggestions. We often have someone who says they want 10 versions x 250 labels. An online trade source charges for each 250 quantity so it becomes cost prohibitive. We would love to invest in a roll machine but are in a fairly remote part of Canada where I'm worried we wouldn't have the business to support the cost. Die-cut sheets work great on our digital press when they're sizes I can get. Inevitably, someone wants a size that doesn't come in a pre-cut version. I realize at the end of the day that I can't please everyone. Will look at the Sihl and MacTac as suggested.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. We often have someone who says they want 10 versions x 250 labels. An online trade source charges for each 250 quantity so it becomes cost prohibitive. We would love to invest in a roll machine but are in a fairly remote part of Canada where I'm worried we wouldn't have the business to support the cost. Die-cut sheets work great on our digital press when they're sizes I can get. Inevitably, someone wants a size that doesn't come in a pre-cut version. I realize at the end of the day that I can't please everyone. Will look at the Sihl and MacTac as suggested.
We're in Ontario, and would be happy to help with your paper labels. We have a 60" wide format UV, 2 roll to roll digitals, as well as high volume flexo presses.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I've used Canon #60 Semi Gloss Label Scores w/Perm Clear Adhesive on my Colorado 1650, great label paper but I think it's UV only. Made by MacTac part #MSGLAB54300, very cheap compared to even the cheapest vinyl, they have a good number of choices but for UV or water based inkjets

mactac seems to be one of the big players in label stock
I'm interested in the Mactac paper, I was not aware they would sell wide format paper rolls, do you need to buy a whole master? Or will they sell one 60" roll at 150 feet?
I searched the website for MSGLAB54300 and nothing comes up.. Do you have a direct link?

victor bogdanov

I'm interested in the Mactac paper, I was not aware they would sell wide format paper rolls, do you need to buy a whole master? Or will they sell one 60" roll at 150 feet?
I searched the website for MSGLAB54300 and nothing comes up.. Do you have a direct link?
I buy the material from Canon Solutions America (CSA)

not sure if you have to have a canon printer or if they'll sell to anyone, they have lots of unique/hard to find material options and prices are great.

They have 54" x 300ft (I think it's actually 52" wide) available and master rolls/whole skids if needed

You can try Sihl 3683.

We were in the same situation and eventually bought a full roll based printing and finishing system in the end. So much faster than doing it with wide format. We can print and finish 2000 labels in under an hour.
What system did you end up buying? We've been looking for something to do that.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We ended up with a toner based print system (OKI Pro 1050) with white so we can print onto clear materials as well as papers.
The finisher is a cheap and cheerful Chinese model Vorey VD-240. It does the job and is surprisingly fast at what it does.