• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Patterns for Mobile Phones

whatsinaname

I am a total newbie to this industry and planning to start a new venture of making transparent skins for scratch protection for popular mobile phones.

1.Need guidance as to how to make patterns/outlines/artworks/templates (dunno what exactly to call them) from the original physical model of mobile phones so that they can be sent out to the plotter for cutting. I have both Illustrator and corel draw .

I have read somewhere in this forum that scan the object and proceed.But somehow I cannot find a way ahead after scanning. Morever since these skins have to fit the phones to perfection , How to ensure the size is maintained same as the mobile phone.

2. what kind of cutting plotter/model would be best to invest in for this startup.The transparent material would be around 0.25mm in thickness with adhesive apart from the paper backing.But of course I would not be cutting into the paper backing.Also is there any minimum thickness for the paper backing for optimum cutting using the plotter.

BTW :signs101::U Rock:. I thank god and google that I came across this site.Got answers to know many dumb questions.

Craig Sjoquist

..|Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

I've answered in your other post.....please tell us little about Chennai / Hong Kong

all though I would like to travel the world ...best sometimes is through someones eyes that lives there

git r dun

whatsinaname

Hi craig

Thanx for the info on the other post.Would try out the suggestions.

BTW Chennai is hot hot hot..42 Centigrads...But lovely place to come and watch for the culture...Hong Kong is actually like my 2nd home..I hop b/w India and HK.

Hong Kong is Asia's New York if you can call it..might be shanghai now..hehe