• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pdf vs PS colors in rasterlink 5

cybershafs

Hi guys, been using stock profiles on rasterlink 5 for many years with limited color accuracy.

So I decided to get the profiling software and start righting my own. Easy enough I found out.

My work flow usually involves opening customer supplied pdf's directly in rasterlink, choosing my desired profile ripping and printing. With terrible results.

However, if I open the pdf in acrobat, using the print dialogs and using no color management sending a postscript file to rasterlink, then choosing my profile, ripping and printing I get great results.

While I don't mind occasionally doing this, given the volume of jobs I get, I can get tedious, does anyone know what I can so in rasterlink to eliminate this extra step.

Thanks

Smoke_Jaguar

If your printer supports it, might give RasterLink 7 a try, it's under $50 now. Haven't used 5 myself, just 6 and 7, and that jump was a decent upgrade. Color proofing and all that is still a bit tedious, but more simplified workflow helped.