• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

perf cutting

Aric

Hi everyone, I'm trying to apply a perf cut in Flexi 21 for some stickers so they just pop out after being cut. I have a Summa d160 and was wondering if anyone knows what settings i need to set in my cut/plot settings to do this?

I'm using oracal 651 if it matters.

Thanks

untitled

Every vinyl is going to be different and also the blade depth / type of blade will also make a difference. But for a start I have a 60° in my Summa right now and my settings were in the attached screenshot. I did my contour cut first and removed the material and weeded it out and then put the material back in the machine and did my perf cuts, so the pressures are a bit lower than do it through the vinyl and backing. Again, all of your settings could be completely different than mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-05 130213.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-05 130213.png
    19 KB · Views: 127
I have tried to do perf cuts and I can never get it correct. I did read another forum post here and what I ended up doing was a straight die cut with a 60 degree blade. I just cut right thru the material. there is a lot of trial and error but when it works it makes super nice & clean die-cut decal. It also chews up the cutting strip so be ready to change that out more frequently.