• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

perf recommendations

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yes but you can use any optically clear you dont have to use my brand. The oracal 290GF works great too.

copythat

NO Brands

I've used so many types. The only one I purchased that was around $700 was a Stih brand. Thinking that paying more you get more. Not True! I ended up giving it back to rep. Did three installs and ink was coming off on my hands as we were installing them! Anyway, no brands have worked very well. The only time I add protection to them is for the vehicles, which I add optical clear lotion. Just recently took off perf from my store front that has been up since Jan 08 and still looked great! To install bigger graphics.

MachServTech

Rushworks, hello fellow North Carolinian! Which side of the state are you on?

BTW I like the 3M perf products, but I have been having trouble with them buckling while printing.

hey mackservteck, were just outside of raleigh.......
and thanks everyone for the input on brands etc.....we need to buy in a roll of perf fairly soon so just trying to get as much info as possable. the brand we just finished using was good, no problems with it but it was stock from europe and i would hate to think what a 54" x 150ft roll of that would be shipped to the usa!!!! bigfish's stuff sounds like a good buy though.

oh and the clear shiled, how do you apply it? you spray it on?? or use a brush? and may sound like a dumb question but............ if you use it on a rear window and then want to take of the graphic, how hard is it to take off the clear shield where it has gone through the holes? can you just use normal cleaners like xylol or alcohol to remove it?