• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Perforated vinyl application...

WyoRichard

I need to print and apply a perforated vinyl to a few windows. It will have to be paneled, so I'm wondering do you overlap perforated vinyl the same as a regular print or cut vinyl? Or do you butt the two pieces together?

Thanks

Rich

brdesign

It can be done either way, I prefer to butt the panels together as the overlap can be more noticeable. But I know some installers prefer to install with a half inch overlap.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Print it with a half inch overlap like you would on a wrap. Locate the overlap location on the window. Use the knifeless tape and lay down a straight run under that seam area. Install the panels and pull the tape, and you have a perfect seam.

untitled

According to Contravision documentation they say to butt the ends and not use an overlap. Like it has been said use an overlap and cut it afterwards. I went by an install I did probably around 4 years ago on some 10ft x 7ft windows and they still look great.