• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photo megapixel help

Stacey K

I like making signs
I found something free online and it's faster than the Topaz thing...PicWish. It's doing a good enough job to get these done.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
The band master is obsessed by the instrument, which is reasonably sharp. Unfortunately they shot at f1.8 so the player is not in focus.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just because file sizes are larger, doesn't mean the photos are of a higher quality or clearer. There are a lot of variables in photography, and also just between "cameras". When it comes to lenses, depth of field, etc there are even more variables.

FWIW, phones, etc are not meant to be quality cameras. What comes out of them is meant to be lower resolution/quality but sufficient for "screen use" or for sending to other devices.

Precision

Have him send you one. Put it in Photoshop, then go the image size tab.

It should be at least 300 resolution to start, for a decent end product. Then select bicuber smoother (enlargement) from the drop down box, size the image to the size you are going to use. Then save.

Now after saving, the resolution will drop. Anything over 150 dpi should print with a decent image quality. You'll be able to see if that works right away.

I hope this helps.

Medina Signs

Old Member
I just downloaded the Trial version of Gigapixel - it looks like it is working but the processing is sloooowww - will try another file to see if it is faster - is it my PC??

Medina Signs

Old Member
Just finished a second photo with Gigapixel and it processed fast and the results were very good. Nice Program - thanks for the tip