• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Phototex 60" on HP 800w settings

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
So I have been printing a job on the 60" version of this material in 8 pass 110% ink-vacuum @50 and have had the ink scraping the leading upper edge of the curing unit. Hp said to lower the curing temp from 195 to 180 which helped until I got to a dark section with full ink load.
Does anyone run this combination and what have you found ? I'm half way through the job and cant change the profile at this point. All I can do is go to a lower temp and try

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,256
  • IMG_4676.JPG
    IMG_4676.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 92

jeffdpia

Are you running it with no tension? Add some tension to the take up.
Tension is set to 8 but HP is adamant to not increase the tension saying that tension is like pulling the media along. Waiting to hear back. many prints were already produced just fine, its just happening with a heavy ink load across the print area

jeffdpia

Take up motor is being replaced, hopefully tension will return to the take up spool.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Umm... I hope you know some profiles don't have tension on the take up on purpose.
You need a new firmware to change that setting. You can't see it with PLS_20.

-> I don't think your motor is even broken.... It's just the profile.

Last edited:

jeffdpia

Umm... I hope you know some profiles don't have tension on the take up on purpose.
You need a new firmware to change that setting. You can't see it with PLS_20.

-> I don't think your motor is even broken.... It's just the profile.
We ran diag. on the motor and it’s broken.I know about the profiles but this is not related.