• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch Roller Not Found Error, Turn Power Off message on HP 54 Cutter

Salagra

The main board for this cutter was replaced yesterday and we are getting a "Pinch Roller Not Found, Power Off Error. We are unsure what to do to correct this. The cutter head will move just slightly when searching for the pinch roller and immediately kicks out the error message. We were wondering if it could be a loose cable or something from when we replaced the board or something software related. We updated to the newest Firmware right after installing the main board as well. Thanks for your help!

FrankW

At first check the cable plugs on the mainboard, the ports are labeled by their real name (X-Motor, Y-Motor and so on). Be shure do not mix up the motor connectors, X is the motor/motors for the movement of the media, Y is the movement for the cutting head. There should be two connectors for X, one for Y (and one for each direction for the encoder).

If the head then moves over the whole width, but won´t stop shortly over the pinch roller connections, it could happen that the OPOS-Sensor is moved out of his position. Try to press it back.

Salagra

Thank You. I think it was just one of the connectors was not fully plugged in or became unplugged when reinstalling cover. Looks like we are back in business. I really appreciate all of the help!
Tom

michael short

I have the HP latex 64 plus cutter. Getting message left pinch roller is not set properly above a grit roller. this is only happening on any rollers past the 600mm mark or middle of the cutter to the left side only. I do not get this message if all the pinch rollers are at the start to the middle only past thew middle do i get this error.

michael short

I have checked the flat cable to the tool head, it is inserted properly. Today my cutter is working perfectly, I am wondering if humidity is playing a part. humidity today is 54% last week it was 81% when I was having the most problems. Any one had problems with humidity. Can someone tell me how to start a new post here, I cant seem to find it.