• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help - Roland VS 640 error - Temperature too low - 4

Maurice

Hello,

First post here. I would really appreciate it if someone on this forum could help me out with this problem I'm having with my Roland VS 640.

I power it up and its keeps saying Temperature too low -4 degrees. The climate is pretty humid here so I doubt its that. I've turned off the air-conditioning and its still giving the same error.

I have just recently installed a new print head, including dampers and captop. Could it be the head cables that are faulty and not taking temp readings? Im hoping someone on here has had a similar issue in the past.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you,

Maurice

zopylote

Hello,

First post here. I would really appreciate it if someone on this forum could help me out with this problem I'm having with my Roland VS 640.

I power it up and its keeps saying Temperature too low -4 degrees. The climate is pretty humid here so I doubt its that. I've turned off the air-conditioning and its still giving the same error.

I have just recently installed a new print head, including dampers and captop. Could it be the head cables that are faulty and not taking temp readings? Im hoping someone on here has had a similar issue in the past.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you,

Maurice
remove fuses and turn on if error disappears can be just flat cables bad connection make sure cable #3 is original and well connected, possible non recover head damage

James Mcnulty

Check Cables connectors for ink contamination. Had this same issue after head change (four short ones from head to board) there was dried ink on the connectors. Cleaning them sorted the issue.