• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help with Mimaki cjv30

Bvm

Hello
I need help with my Mimaki CJV30.
It’s boot only in f/w update mode, but I don’t press remote button.
So it’s something wrong with the printer.
I don’t know how post the video here, ut I took the photos of any boot steps.
Please help me, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3819.png
    IMG_3819.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3821.png
    IMG_3821.png
    255.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3822.png
    IMG_3822.png
    255.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3823.png
    IMG_3823.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3824.png
    IMG_3824.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 56

Ogre

This is very strange. The only thing that I can think is you probably have a sticky Remote button. Compare the clicking sound and tactile feel of the Remote button with the others and see if feels the same. If the switch is faulty this could be an easy fix. A switch button is less than $1 and all you have to do is to remove the faulty one and solder back the new one.
Another test is to turn the printer on while have the Function button pressed and see if the printer goes in Maintenance Open Mode. If is goes that means you have a sticky Remote button because this function requires to have Remote+Function+power buttons pressed.

For reference these are the button combinations at startup that I am aware:
Firmware Update Mode => REMOTE + main power
Parameter Upload/Download Mode => UP+DOWN + main power
Maintenance open mode => REMOTE+FUNCTION + main power

Good luck.

Bvm

Thank you for your answer.
The machine boot in f/w update mode even if I push different buttons.
I think maybe the problem is some of the boards, but I don’t know which one. Maybe montherboard or something else

Gettin'By

Could be something wrong with the firmware/flash chip it's on so the machine is trying to reload it from some sort of recovery bootloader. Have you tried to download the firmware and let it do that? If so and it didn't change anything, it could also be the flash the firmware is stored on.