• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

plotter cutting funny

dakotasignwerks

i have a roland cx300 plotter that has recently started cutting funny. what is happening is it will not totally cut the line. it is almost like a dashed line. i replaced blades and cutting strip and it still doesnt fix the problem. is there a possibility of it being the blade holder or something else. it is not in any consistant spot, only random, so not sure where else to look. any help is appreciated.

thanks

randy

R08

Don't have a roland so I don't know how your blade is held on. But I have forgotten to tighten the bladeholder down properly on occasion and gotten similar results.

Last edited:
We just went through the same type of problem. From what we were told, two of the most common causes are the solenoid and/or the bearings for the carriage. In our case we ended up replacing the carriage bearings.

jscarl

I bumped the switches down on the lower right side, and had to reset them. Mine was doing the same thing, at random spots. Check your software and your settings.

THATgirl

hi Randy I am not sure if this will help but one time my Roland was cutting funny too so I took out the blade and put a *very small amount of oil* on it as it seemed like the blade was sticking and not cutting properly (not completely cutting a full circle for 0's etc) The oil worked. It cuts perfectly now.

totalimage

soak the blade holder in mineral spirits for about 1 hour.. blow into the holder to dry it out a bit. then soak it again for about a hour again..hope that helps...

511graphix

My panther did that yesturday. I just pushed the blade out of the hold a couple of time and then rotated the blade by finger tip and that helped..

Pro Image

If its the blade holder it has a small bearing in it.......Use some 3in1 oil and put a drop down into the blade holder.........Run the blade out hold in on your finger and spin the holder around a few time......That should take care of it.........