• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Plotting on a mimaki CJV 150

BRated

Hi guys new here i just started operating my mimaki cjv 150 about a month or so ago and I've been cutting cast vinyl not printable digital vinyl as I don't have a plotter big enough to do the current work I'm doing. im not sure if im supposed to be doing this but anyway to the topic. I've been cutting using fine cut straight from corel to the machine and im finding in accuracy in the measurements when it outputs larger cuts, im cutting blocks about 1.6m by 0.7m say instead of 1670mm im getting 1661 any thoughts on why this is happening? Im thinking its because I haven't got register marks but I can't print them on the vinyl or I haven't tried to at least, but it makes me thing why can my other plotter accurately cut smaller widths to scale while this cut is it an offset or something? Any thoughts?

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
If you are using Rasterlink do a print origin adjust first, then do it again but this time with marks. This will dial in your plotters cut alignment. I always recommend people use registration marks when plotting because the machine will read them and compensate for any anomalies resulting from heat, alignment or laminating for instance.

MichaelGass

You are cutting only with no print correct?
If so you should not need reg marks.
If so use as many pinch rollers as possible and try changing the pinch roller pressure to get best result-low med or high. Get it to feed as straight as you can. If it is consistently cutting but scale is off let me know and we can work on the scale.