• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question POD Steamer 2.0?

MMPLarge Format

I have been looking in to purchasing a steamer as we are beginning to do more and more vehicle wraps and it seems as though this could be a very useful tool. The first one that I have found was the POD Steamer 2.0 from The Wrap Institute's website. Was curious as to whether or not anyone has used this before? Are there other steamers that are cheaper which will work just as well? Is a steamer even worth it? Looking for reviews and feedback from those who have in the past or currently use a steamer regularly.

Jester

Slow is Fast
We have a POD steamer and it is very useful where the vinyl is still flexible. I have no idea if ours is a "2.0". It would be nice if ours had a larger water tank, but that is a minor quibble.

We use a vinyl eraser (zapper) on the sun-damaged areas which are no longer flexible.