• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polycarbonate faces

ashleighfiddler

Hi all!

I'm trying to find a good rule of thumb on when to default to polycarbonate faces and f-retainers versus acrylic and jewelite, beyond the general rule of 3-4' letter height.

Can anyone share knowledge or experiences that influence your decisions on when to spec either of these? Thank you so much!

ashleighfiddler

I am a fan of always using poly, my guys are far to rough while trimcapping/refitting faces after install to go with acrylic. About the only time I put acrylic faces on a channel letter is when I'm doing red letters... or when I'm doing a face fab job for Lowes, they spec impact modified acrylic. Those are never fun.

thank you sooo much! The red acrylic is for the color intensity, right? Is there a significant cost difference when you use all polycarb? What kind of trimcaps do you use?

Last edited: