• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible eco alternatives to Oracal 638 (wall art)

Thomasleppa

Hi,

I know this has been discussed here before, and no good alternatives have come up so far. But the last post is already a couple of years old so I thought to ask again:

Anyone know of a more eco-alternative to your basic wall art vinyl? So far we have tried Photo Tex, which is great IF we would be both printing and cutting. At the moment we are using Oracal 638 in various colors (mainly for interior wall decals) as we only design and cut the decals. However, a lot of our customers are constantly asking about pvc and recycling, and having a good recyclable product would without a doubt be a sales booster (and obviously we would like to be as green as possible).

I also noticed that many of the old threads asking about pvc-free vinyl got trolled - so please, just move along if the word eco causes you some personal issues!

All tips are greatly appreciated!
Thanks

mrugen

SEAL Fresco AdTex

SEAL makes a product called fresco adtex similar to phototex but easier to contourcut. That may also have some green alternatives as well. Www.sealgraphics
.com/media

Thomasleppa

Thanks Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll definitely contact them as they seem to have good representation around Europe. Now though I was more looking into pre-colored decals that would come in a wide set of colors. But it seems that there is nothing out there yet that would be better/greener than Oracal.