• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powersports Templates

Braedon

I have been creating SXS, and ATV templates for various machines, by drawing on mask/vinyl and inputting the design into the computer. Just wondering if anyone knows of an easier and faster way? Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
There are places to buy templates. Hunts comes to mind, but there are several. I used to make them from scratch, but if you are doing very many, it will be cheaper in the long run to find a place to buy them ready to go. Time is money after all. I had a hunts disc, but anytime I needed one that wasn't on the disc, I used a website and bought them individually as I needed them.

Braedon

I took a look on here and couldn't find anything, that's why I figured I would post and see if anyone had any tips or ideas. Most units I can find ready made templates for purchase online, its just the newer and certain machines that are not anywhere to be found, or some that are missing pieces. Like the CAN-AM Defender and Honda Pioneer 1000.

IsItFasst

Years ago I bought a template online from a place that had a bunch for sale (supposed to be reputable). It was for a RZR which was my personal machine. Every piece of the template had to be modified to actually fit correctly (no kidding; every single one!) The basic shapes were there but nothing was anywhere close to my standards (I wouldn't sell something that was off so much to my customers). So I decided it was better to just make my own from then on. Maybe things have changed in the last 5 years?.... but it was a horrible experience.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I took a look on here and couldn't find anything, that's why I figured I would post and see if anyone had any tips or ideas. Most units I can find ready made templates for purchase online, its just the newer and certain machines that are not anywhere to be found, or some that are missing pieces. Like the CAN-AM Defender and Honda Pioneer 1000.

The problem is the beer drinkers and the farmers that ride those two in particular, usually don't want or need graphics. It's unfortunate, but you probably will have to make templates for the "odd-ball" machines.

Braedon

The problem is the beer drinkers and the farmers that ride those two in particular, usually don't want or need graphics. It's unfortunate, but you probably will have to make templates for the "odd-ball" machines.
Ya they are wanting wraps for them now, lots of demand on my end.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We don't do that many, so when I need one - I make it myself, the bulk of our work is commercial wraps. The only couple places that I trust for templates are ProVehicleOutlines and TheBlueprints, but neither of them specialize in templates like these.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I don't deal a lot with these, but is this something you can contact the manufacturer for the schematics? Never tried so not sure if they will give it to you or just brick wall you.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I don't deal a lot with these, but is this something you can contact the manufacturer for the schematics? Never tried so not sure if they will give it to you or just brick wall you.
For vehicles with as complicated of surfaces as these, 2D drawings / schematics are completely useless.