• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Price check

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi list,
I don't think I have ever asked a pricing question before but now it is 2018 and I will.

Looking for a ballpark figure on a wrap for a 2015 2dr Lexus sports car - RC 350 I think.
Exterior only (no door jams or trunk/hood inner panels), color change using 3M 1080 satin metallic.
1080 matt black on the roof panel and all the chrome trim. Paint and body is in good shape.
I quoted $3800.00. I'm good but slow - figured my time & materials and what I wanted to make.
Am I off the mark or out of the ballpark?

Thanks
wayne k
guam usa

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Yep 4800 here. make sure to check the metallic for orientation issues (ie all has to be run the same direction). That will make you use a bit more material.

Bly

Having done a couple colour change wraps we don't do them in the shop.
As already stated there is too much care required.
Also I did my own car in Avery blue matte metallic and it started going black in six months - in a year it had to be stripped off it was so bad.
All I could think of was what if we'd charged someone 4 grand to do that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks all - seems I'm a little low.
We do commercial wraps primarily and have not had many complaints.
Not a job I really want to do. Guam's roads and climate are rough enough on vehicles without adding a thin layer of delicate vinyl on top of the paint.
Looks like it would end up being one of those jobs you are about 16 hours into (with no end near) and wonder why you ever took it on.

wayne k
guam usa

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I stick to commercial vehicles and commercial clients. I get too much anxiety doing someone's personal vehicle...