• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price vs Value Add

DRamm76

This is an AWESOME thread! It's a great way for customers and merchants to get on the same page with. The same situations we get into with customers as dealers, are the same situations you guys deal with with your customers. It's all the same.

As for how to show your customers what type of Value Add you provide, I would create a separate flyer or ad that shows NO PRICING AT ALL. Give a brief run down of the services you feel you provide that others don't. We do that ALL the time! We have a list of services that we provide to our customers after the buy. Some are so unique that customers are like "wow..you guys will do that? that's awesome"..It's nothing really that spectacular and it doesn't need to be. It's a matter of showing your customer that while others are just "box droppers" you are the one that has just as much a love for the business as they do, and you want to help make everyone succeed.

It's time to change the way we all do business, especially in this day. There are/were some dealers that don't even discuss what the customer wants to do with the machine before they sell it. If you lead with price, then that's what you're in for.

There's been plenty of times where a customer may have wanted a $30,000 machine but I've sold him a $16,000 machine because that's what his business needed. In ANY aspect of business, sell them what they NEED not what you want them to have and you're in great shape!

JasperST

I've never competed by the pound. If you have to explain quality to someone, I think that you are wasting your time. I typically ask people to come in if they are shopping around, that separates the tire kickers from the serious buyer.

One guy said that he didn't want to waste the gas so I said that I didn't want to waste my time.

sjm

I've never competed by the pound. If you have to explain quality to someone, I think that you are wasting your time. I typically ask people to come in if they are shopping around, that separates the tire kickers from the serious buyer.

One guy said that he didn't want to waste the gas so I said that I didn't want to waste my time.

Dude you should offered to drive out an meet him. I think that separates a shop that cares from one that doesn't.

JasperST

Considering you have to time to reply here, I guess it's hobby for you.
Well, it's 6:37am over here. Did they teach ya'll about that time zone thingy? But having a business doesn't mean 'no free time', contrary to popular belief.

sjm

Well, it's 6:37am over here. Did they teach ya'll about that time zone thingy? But having a business doesn't mean 'no free time', contrary to popular belief.

Jasper a business never sleeps. Though I understand it's 6:37am over there. It does give me a advantage. It's 9:50am here.

sjm

Jasper, I make myself available to my client base as needed and yes sometimes 24/7. Think value add rather than tire kickers.

sjm

Jasper, what it means is on a weekend I make huge coin. You're in Washington State right? MicroSoft is doing something right?

JasperST

Jasper, what it means is on a weekend I make huge coin. You're in Washington State right? MicroSoft is doing something right?
Yes, they are making Apple look better. But your answer then is yes on the lap dances?

dwt

Dude you should offered to drive out an meet him.

If this guy doesn't spend 2bux in fuel to go in for a FREE consultation with a qualified professional Why would you spend your time and resources to chase this cheap bastard.

Do you do site surveys for free? If you do you're likely to find two other guys there as well bidding for the bottom dollar as well.

Value is not added by the client but by the professional who demands compensation.

sjm

Yes, they are making Apple look better. But your answer then is yes on the lap dances?

Jasper I use both MicroSoft and Apple products each helps me make money on the weekend.

Lap dances I think is for people who don't know better. For example those who hore themselves and blame others because they see client's as tire kickers.

sjm

If this guy doesn't spend 2bux in fuel to go in for a FREE consultation with a qualified professional Why would you spend your time and resources to chase this cheap bastard.

Do you do site surveys for free? If you do you're likely to find two other guys there as well bidding for the bottom dollar as well.

Value is not added by the client but by the professional who demands compensation.

duh, how do you build value as a business person?

dwt

duh, how do you build value as a business person?

By not racing out to look at a no-money job for someone who only wants what is cheap. I've spent fifteen years being 15 -20% higher than everyone around me on purpose.

I'm not trying to give away my value for the cost of materials and a meager hourly wage. I'm selling it for what it is, hard earned experience and knowledge of practical application which demands compensation.

sjm

By not racing out to look at a no-money job for someone who only wants what is cheap. I've spent fifteen years being 15 -20% higher than everyone around me on purpose.

I'm not trying to give away my value for the cost of materials and a meager hourly wage. I'm selling it for what it is, hard earned experience and knowledge of practical application which demands compensation.

Hey, I can't argue with that. In most circles knowledge is value, cheap is what you can get next door.

JasperST

Jasper I use both MicroSoft and Apple products each helps me make money on the weekend.
I'm beginning to suspect that you do something else during the week. Government job?
Lap dances I think is for people who don't know better. For example those who hore themselves and blame others because they see client's as tire kickers.
Are you translating from French or something?

sjm

Dude, I like your enthusiasm ... today is a day I get to relax ... think of this weekend as your Memorial Day weekend.

Hoping you are not a Danika Patrick fan? :help