• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing for small work like Store Hours signs

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's a good idea to have a minimum then you don't have to worry about pricing small things. I have a couple "minimums" or just basic prices for small things. Something I did a while ago is calculate how many minutes it takes to create a work order, an invoice and bag a job up and maybe read a quick email to get the order and email back to say the order is ready. A minimum of say 10 minutes. Then figure out how long it takes you to open your sign program, make a quick sign, cut weed mask and apply, say 10 minutes. If you charge $60hr then that's a minimum of $20. Add your material. So, you have at least a $25 minimum for a small sign. That's just hypothetical for easy math. I have a couple different prices for these kinds of jobs. I created them because I have some customers that are regulars and they do just as I said... they email an order, just black vinyl, no proof, totally not picky. Of course if they need a proof or they are talkers you have to add labor.

soloinstaller

It's a good idea to have a minimum then you don't have to worry about pricing small things. I have a couple "minimums" or just basic prices for small things. Something I did a while ago is calculate how many minutes it takes to create a work order, an invoice and bag a job up and maybe read a quick email to get the order and email back to say the order is ready. A minimum of say 10 minutes. Then figure out how long it takes you to open your sign program, make a quick sign, cut weed mask and apply, say 10 minutes. If you charge $60hr then that's a minimum of $20. Add your material. So, you have at least a $25 minimum for a small sign. That's just hypothetical for easy math. I have a couple different prices for these kinds of jobs. I created them because I have some customers that are regulars and they do just as I said... they email an order, just black vinyl, no proof, totally not picky. Of course if they need a proof or they are talkers you have to add labor.
thanks Stacey, this gives me a better idea of how pricing works overall... It seems to not be a "one size fits all" kind of thing in this business. Funny enough I was thinking $25 for a static price for a store hours sign but then when I think of things like transportation costs or extra graphic work, then price should be adjusted as such. I definitely will take something from this.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It’s kind of a pain but if u create a quick spreadsheet and use your timer on your phone then spend one week pricing all these little things you will get a really good idea of a base price. Of course consider the customer also…some are real time suckers others are not. Add a few minutes for the time suckers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Have a minimum.
A simple excel calculator will be like:
Minimum: $25
Per hour rate: $100
Job time example): 1.2 hours

=MAX(minimum,((job time / 60) * Per hour rate)
=MAX(25,((1.2/60)*100)

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Everything we do is custom. So We price by square footage, with a minimum price. For the OP... Depending on materials... I would guess $50 for production. Install is extra.

Last edited: