• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pricing jobs with white ink (HP 700W)

bigben

So we got our HP 700W for a bit over a month now. We choose the white ink option to do mainly job with white spot color. But now, the word came out that we have white ink and we got demand for 3 layers and 5 layers jobs. I'm trying to figure out my cost in time and ink to be able to know how much should I charge. A regular color job at 6 pass (it's the profile we use the most) print at around 176sqft/h. A 3 layers job at 78pass (100% white ink) print at around 20sqft/h. With a shop rate of X and the cost of ink, what calculation should I use to determine my selling price.

And just for a comparaison purpose, for the ones of you that have white ink, how much do you charge for 40 units of 12x17 3 layers static cling and how much would you charge if it was just in cmyk (no white).

Thanks.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would guesstimate 5-10x more on ink and time compared to usual cmyk job.

You can find all the details in printos or webserver of the printer. Tells you the exact ink use and time it took. Easy to adjust from that.

bigben

I would guesstimate 5-10x more on ink and time compared to usual cmyk job.

You can find all the details in printos or webserver of the printer. Tells you the exact ink use and time it took. Easy to adjust from that.
I've forgot to check with that. It's a big help to figure things out. To do 70sqft in 5 layers, it took 763ml of white ink. That is insane. But at least, it give me a startup to calculate things.