• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Software

What estimating software do you use?

• Activity

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Cyrious Software

Votes: 27 11.9%
  • EstiMate

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Excel Spreadsheet

Votes: 30 13.2%
  • GraphixCalc

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • SignVox

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Sign Tracker

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Don't use Software

Votes: 79 34.8%

• Total voters

SignStudent

I've been speaking with Jon Aston lately and we've agreed I should look into getting software to help speed up the estimating process. After looking through a few threads on here I've run into a ton of different options and am having trouble deciding on one.

I plan on checking out a few different trials but want to narrow it down because I don't really have time to try them all. I have a relatively small shop with just me and one full-time employee, so I don't think I really need something as high-end as Cyrious. If you're currently using estimating software, would you recommend it and why?

Farmboy

EstiMate. Although it's all I've ever used so I can't compare it. I would never quote without software. Everyone in the shop can use it. Free's up A LOT of time.

Gene@mpls

EstiMate. Although it's all I've ever used so I can't compare it. I would never quote without software. Everyone in the shop can use it. Free's up A LOT of time.

Ditto- not perfect but pays for itself. We really struggled before we got it-
and if you intend to grow (and who doesn't/didn't) it is even more important
to be able to access past info easily.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I chose "Other" even though I use a spreadsheet. The only spreadsheet option offered was "Excel Spreadsheet" -- why do people assume that if you're using a spreadsheet, its MS Office?

I have used OpenOffice for years and now use the new fork of development that is free from Oracle's influence -- LibreOffice

Mike F

I have used OpenOffice for years and now use the new fork of development that is free from Oracle's influence -- LibreOffice

Same here, it always amazes me that most people don't take advantage of open source software or freeware in general. I don't use a single piece of paid software besides VersaWorks and Corel X4.

On topic, I use a spreadsheet at the moment, but I'm also giving Sign Tracker a spin to see if it can help me keep things a bit more organized overall.

Have CASper, waiting to switch to SignVox ... 1000% better than CASper. Get the SignVox free demo walk-thru, you'll see. CASper is VERY limiting, and takes WEEKS to adjust price ranges.

wish I was the one to make the decisions... secretly (but dont tell anyone) I love what I see with SignVox

Kevin-shopVOX

Excel here. Works fine and can easily customise it whenever I have the need.
Nice thing about SignVOX is that it has an Excelish feel to it when you are creating items, editing prices etc. One of the wish items we are working on is to take what you can currently export into an excel documents (prices, products, formulas etc.) and be able to edit in excel then reimport that right back into SignVOX. Makes bulk changes and edits even easier.