• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print/cut 30mil magnet

centerice

I have a Versacamm SP-300V (w/versaworks), and a Roland GX24 (w/cutstudio). I need to print on permanent vinyl w/registration marks, apply to 30mil car magnet, and then contour cut. From what I have read I shouldn't try to cut the 30mil magnet with my versacamm, so I want to cut it with the gx24. I have never used the optical eye on the gx24 and have no clue how to set this up. Please help!

Jackpine

Print/laminate and apply to the magnet material and HAND CUT the mag to size. You might be able to cut just through the vinyl print and the vinyl on the mag and then separate but seems to be a waste of time.

Flame

You really want to be running a big hunk of magnetic material next to a expensive "computer" ?

I refuse to do it. Don't want to lose my $5K plotter one of these days.

centerice

I have tried hand cutting, but maybe its my shaky hand, the end result just isn't the quality I want. The fear of the magnetic material near computers is noted and wise. Rather than focus on the magnet, lets focus on how to print on versacamm w/registration marks, laminate, than contour cut with the gx24. Is this possible?

anotherdog

I think the only viable way to cut magnet using anything other than hand cut is to die cut.
I can only imaging the pressure and the wear on the knife to get even close.
There are plenty of laser and water cutters that would eat magnet, but $$$ unless you outsource the cut.