• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print & cut name tags

graphtec84

Hi

Im having a hard time trying to find out, what is the requirements to make what these are doing: navnelapper, identiketter, Namly & byhappyme?
The quality has to be atleast as good as those. Its stickers there are extra strong, which can fit to clothes & items etc.
There labels tolerate the following (without fading/falling out etc.):
  • Dishwasher
  • Washing machine
  • Tumble dryer
  • Microwave
  • Freezer / fridge
  • Without harmful chemicals (BPA and phthalates)
The sheets they are sending to the customers are 13 cm in width, where each label is around 30 x 13 mm (some offer larger & smaller)

The currently most optimal way (because of working space) would be to have:
  • A normal size printer, which is using sheets that is pre die-cut.
  • Or a label printer, which could have die-cut rolls of labels / a setup which allows for cutting with my graphtec.
  • Prefet not having to get a large format printer. But if that is the requirement, to get the perfect result, then please let me know what you think i need?

What is required for the printer to have? Solvent, toner, pigment, dye, uv etc. I dont know much about all of these.

If i should die-cut myself. How would i do that the best way? i currently have multiple graphtecs

Textile Font Sleeve Material property Pattern
Font Audio equipment Eyewear Pattern Illustration

Last edited:

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I learned the hard way, so you don't have to. Adhesives matter, depending on what they'll be stuck to. We did some name tags for a company function years ago at a place I worked for. I just used some adhesive paper we used for temporary store displays. What could possibly go wrong? Any that were stuck to fabrics like satin, leather, especially suede, you could see the shape of the decal when it was removed, and it wasn't adhesive left behind, it's like the chemicals in the adhesive did something to the material. Never looked for anything different for future use since this was just a one time thing, but test whatever you'll be using on different materials it'll be attached to. Leave it for a day or so, peel it off to see if it does anything bad.

graphtec84

I learned the hard way, so you don't have to. Adhesives matter, depending on what they'll be stuck to. We did some name tags for a company function years ago at a place I worked for. I just used some adhesive paper we used for temporary store displays. What could possibly go wrong? Any that were stuck to fabrics like satin, leather, especially suede, you could see the shape of the decal when it was removed, and it wasn't adhesive left behind, it's like the chemicals in the adhesive did something to the material. Never looked for anything different for future use since this was just a one time thing, but test whatever you'll be using on different materials it'll be attached to. Leave it for a day or so, peel it off to see if it does anything bad.
Thanks for the reply and the tip. Will def. do that, if i get it started.

Do you have any idear what printer/material i could be using or somewhere else to ask ask this question? :)