• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print & cut ploters

Langelo

Hi everybody :)
I'm new in this kind of systems and I want to bye a combo ploter , which can print and cut. I've seen some machines in the internet - SUMMA DC4 and Roland versa camm - is that all, is there some other trends of this kind of machines. I don't have a lot of space, that's why i want to bye such machine, but I'd like to know all the other options before i make the choice. I'll be very great full if someone can help me with some materials.
Thanks a lot and bye for now:)

f3rri

2 units

Cut and print machines are ok if you have zero space but the theory of them doesn't work. If you can build a sign, you must be able to devise a way to
house both pieces of equipment. They don't have to be side by side.

Ask yourself these questions?

Why would you want to place your heads at risk by cutting on the same machine?

Why would you want to wait to cut while you print?

Ever think about billing out the work of 2 machines rather than just one at a time.

Why would you cut thicker material on a machine 10000+ when you can
do it on one (that costs 4000 or so) that it is designed for?

Ever consider the day or week the machine goes down, Do you have a back up unit to bring money in for you?

-Chris

Ferri Design + Construct
"Authorized reseller of Mutoh Products"

Last edited:

high impact

I agree with both last posts! Versacamm rocks for the $! Very pleased with ours but it cuts slow and you will need a stand alone plotter for all the reasons listed above.

chopper

I also have a versacamm no problems except a weak ink pump that need to be replaced (under warrenty) you have many choices avalable to you the print and cut all in one like the versacamm the dc4 summa etc..
you also can go with the seprate cutter and printer configuration as stated above, or both like I have I run my versacamm and a summa plotter that I can use to cut my prints if I have alot of printing to do and dont want to stop to cut, but what we really need is more info from you on what you want to do or print on there are many diffrent machines with diffrent types of ink depending on what you want to do, also there is more to it than just printing if you are using a versacamm for outdoor use you will need to laminate your work, so you will need to look at a laminator also, if you have limited space as you stated I would take a look at the gerber edge it is similar to the summa but quite a bit smaller and it uses thermal ribbons like the summa which dozent require lamination in most cases, (you will need to reserch this plenty of threads here on this subject) and there is less problems with printing heads (no ink to dry out)
but I do not own this type of equipment so you will need to search the threads here again and look for info on the type of machines you are interested in and see which one will work best for you let us know what you want to do and we will try to help // chopper

bigbly

I got a Roland soljet, and a Summa cutter with opos for contour cutting.
Works well for me.