• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print & Lam - mixing brands?

Colin

So after having issues with the really thin backing paper on the Oracal 210 Lam (using the Big Squeegee), I was about to order a 54" roll of Arlon 4560GTX and its matching lam (which I tried a sample of and it worked great)......but I see now that there have been some very real issues with the Arlon 4560, such as here.

So I'm wondering if it would be perfectly ok if I continued to use the Oracal 3651 print media, but use the Arlon Lam on it? The Arlon lam went down very nicely with the BS.

They're both the same grade/level of cal, so I can't see a problem, can you?

Last edited:

NHuckaby

I ususally use the 3640g with the 210 but sometimes when i am in a pinch on laminate i will you bright line and i have never had a problem. the only issue is if the vinyl turns out to be bad or laminate turns out to be bad. you would be kinda screwed on getting your money back. but i have never had a problem with 210 backing before?