• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Mutoh

Andru

Howdy! How can I print on transparent but make it more intense... I use Onyx 10.2 with Mutoh 1304E... Thanks in advance!

Andru

De aici imi spune el... dar eu nu am aceste setări...

Attachments

• IMG-20221117-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20221117-WA0016.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Agree
Reactions: Sor

Andru

Asta e poza de la setarile mele din onyx cu Mutoh 1304E...

Attachments

• IMG-20221117-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20221117-WA0015.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 101
Howdy! How can I print on transparent but make it more intense... I use Onyx 10.2 with Mutoh 1304E... Thanks in advance!
Most digital inks are largely translucent, meaning that light passes through the ink. When printing on white opaque media, this causes the light to reflect back to the observer through the ink. When printing to clear or transparent media, the light does not reflect, it passes through the ink and media. This results in less intensity/ chorma. You can attempt to over-ink the media with CMYK inks (double-pass), but this does not provide optimal results.

Putting white ink under the the CMYK ink (or over the CMYK ink in the case of a second-surface application) or even 3-layer CWC can provide optimal results - transparent media where there is no ink, and vibrant colors where the ink is.

Last edited: