• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing Coloring Issue

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
I have had this printer since May 2023 and has not had problems printing correct colors until recently. I have a Roland TrueVis VG3-540 and use VersaWorks to print my materials. When I use Flexi to print from my Roland Printer, it prints darker colors, but when I print from VersaWorks, it prints exactly correct. However, VersaWorks has now printing different colors recently. Every time I try to print Gold, it turns it into a Greenish Gold. I have orders that need to be filled and this is extremely frustrating. I do have low ink cartridges and recently put new ones into the printer. Why is it printing different colors in VersaWorks? Is it because of these low ink cartridges? VersaWorks? Or is it that the new cartridges are not fully in the tubes yet?

IMG_2239.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-08 123809.png
Screenshot 2023-12-08 123749.png

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Have you printed this exact job/file using all the exact same settings before and had different results? Bouncing back and forth between 2 different RIP softwares is sure to introduce a number of possible opportunities for unpredictable results.

What does the nozzle check look like?

Unless you have a bad batch of ink, I would think it has less to do with physical ink cartridges and has more to do with color management.

trafficbarriersolutions

Have you printed this exact job/file using all the exact same settings before and had different results? Bouncing back and forth between 2 different RIP softwares is sure to introduce a number of possible opportunities for unpredictable results.

What does the nozzle check look like?

Unless you have a bad batch of ink, I would think it has less to do with physical ink cartridges and has more to do with color management.
The nozzles look fine. The printer is printing lighter colors than what it is intended.
IMG_2240.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
According to my tech, you're suppose to shake them once a week, gently rocking it back and forth in the trays, then re-insert them into the machine. This use to effect our color output on our SG-300, the colours would change over time and from pouch to pouch. Since I started gently rocking them once a week or so, no more of that. Can't guarantee this will fix your problem and if it does, you won't see a change right away as the inks in the lines need to run through first. ALl this said, I've always had issues with gold colors and have had to adjust the color values in VersaWorks to compensate.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
The nozzles look fine. The printer is printing lighter colors than what it is intended.
Nozzle check looks perfect. When you say "than what is intended".......is that based on what you see on screen or how those colors were output from a different RIP?

This is probably a color management (or lack thereof) issue.

Are you by any chance using Roland spot colors to set up your files? If so, the easiest way to fix this specific issue would be to adjust the cmyk output values in versaworks until you lose some of your green. (I'd reduce cyan and increase magenta as a start)

That or pick a nicer yellow off a roland color chart (if you have one printed) and assign that color.

trafficbarriersolutions

Nozzle check looks perfect. When you say "than what is intended".......is that based on what you see on screen or how those colors were output from a different RIP?

This is probably a color management (or lack thereof) issue.

Are you by any chance using Roland spot colors to set up your files? If so, the easiest way to fix this specific issue would be to adjust the cmyk output values in versaworks until you lose some of your green. (I'd reduce cyan and increase magenta as a start)

That or pick a nicer yellow off a roland color chart (if you have one printed) and assign that color.
Here is what the colors look like when printing a Batch Automatic Correction. The last four colors look lighter than expected. And it is based on the output from VersaWorks.
IMG_2241.jpg