• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing double side banner????

threedog

Just printed my double sided banner......I noticed that as it came off the printer I could see the outline of the logo on the other side....the way the light hit the banner.

Is this normal? or am I using the wrong banner material? (13 oz banner material, white)

It looks great, I'm worried when it is hanging it will be hard to read if you can see the shadow of the image on the other side.

Still learning.

Thanks,:thankyou:

S

scarface

Yep, he's right. Blockout will have special material in the middle so you can't see through to the other side.

Rooster

What you're probably seeing is the distortion of the vinyl from the solvents in the ink. This dissipates with time as the inks cure/outgas and the vinyl returns to it's original shape.

I see it all the time even with blockout media. If you're seeing the actual printed image through the media (colors and all) then you need blockout media. If all you're seeing is what looks like an embossed area where there's printing on the other side, then it will go away in time.

SignaramaAurora

I say dont waist time and money on the block out material...Its a headache and a disaster for your printer if you are not experienced at double sided printing.
Go with an 18 oz standard banner material. Only drawback one side is glossy one is matte. But it still looks good and works