• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing gold on my jv33

Zambookajoe

I printed and installed a trailer wrap on a enclosed trailer to match an expensive RV... Well I guess I am really color blind. It was supposed to print a light gold and its supposedly turn out like olive, I dont see it like that, I see it as a tan color. Anyways thats not my question

does anybody have a light gold color code that can share with me it should match 3M light gold 220

and since I am reprinting the wrap my customer decided to go with a eggshell color for a few logos. If I could get a code that matches 3m egshell 220

can anybody help me with these

Thanks

Mitch

rwinninger

color

I would tell him to get you a PMS color he likes to get you close and then do test prints for color. If you use Versaworks you should have printed chips to show customers, that solves a lot of problems for me. P.S. also charge for your time.

Zambookajoe

I told him before that matching paint with ink is pretty hard, and I printed 5 samples before I went to see him and he approved it upon my opinion of being the best color. But after all is said and done its close but theres a tint of green in it. after a few meetings and discussion he told me he would rather pay the materials and restart which is fine by me. But I told him that he will need to be more involved in the matching of the colors.

but it would be nice to at least start in the right column of colors thats why I was asking for some codes so I dont print 75 samples before hitting a match.

Rooster

You need to match the colors to the RV vinyl outdoors under the sunlight.

You're probably seeing some degree of metamarism in the printed gold that's having it go a little green outdoors. I know the ES3 inks have problems with it to some degree, but nothing that can't be corrected with a different profile structure.