• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing issues, can someone help point me in the right direction

pineguy2

Hi All

I am having some issues with my printer that are real noticeable when printing solid colors. I have included some sample pictures. I am getting blotchy areas that seem to be sporatic and banding now that seem consistent.

I am using SP540 with versaworks printing on Oracal 3651 matte. Running the print at high speed, print dryer is set to 100 degrees. I have tried standard mode as well and get the same results. I have the Oracal profile for the 3651.

Would anyone have any suggestions on which adjustments need to be made to correct these issues? I would appreciate all comments. I am fairly new at printing and find the forum to be a great resource of information for learning!

Thanks!

Attachments

• printsample1.jpg
    printsample1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 198
  • printsample2.jpg
    printsample2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 179
  • printsample3.jpg
    printsample3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 110

Dave L.

print probs

I would try doing a test print to see if you have any nozzle dropout.
If you do, there's the banding issue. Printing on high speed will also create more banding. Try doing all the user calibrations. Especially the feed cal.
Make sure those two boxes merry up to each other. Try a 3 " run on standard and see if you have the same problem. please post progress.

sign&frame

make sure you have it set to the right material profile

i sometime like to use the eneric vinyl or the semigloss vinyl can work, it is near the top

rdm01

To me it looks like a problem with the media. Is it old, or has it been in contact with something. I can't tell for sure, (I am on my laptop and the screen just aint that great) but it seems like the problem could be there before it goes into the printer, and ink is not taking to certain areas.

Feel free to tell me if this is stupid, but it has happened to me.

pineguy2

I am thinking it is something with the media as well, it is getting close to the end of the roll. It isn't that old and hasn't been in contact with anything but one never knows what happens when it is made. I picked up a new roll this afternoon and will try the same print out again. I am using the same settings as I have in the past and have had really good results.

I think I got the banding issues resolved with the feed calibration with this media. I did the test print as I do every so often and it looks really good, no missing bars. I will post again when I try the new roll of media.

Thanks for all the input so far.