• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on banner

signguy27

Hey i was just woundering what changes need to be made when printing on banners? i've never done it before and just got the banner roll. it is 13oz banner, i guess my main question is the heater settings. thanks for any help!

GK

most likely will need to change the heater settings and possibly the print head height. tell us what printer and what material you are using and you will probably get a better response.

D&Tgraphics

On my Valuejet I usually turn the heat down or off completely and raise the heads to the high position. That should get you the best results.

GK

I turn my front and rear heaters off, the print heater on, and the IR heaters on so after the banner is down on the core before it rolls up it gets another blast of heat.

javila

The only changes I make when printing on banner is putting a banner roll instead of a vinyl roll on the printer.

GK

embed the heater settings in the profile and your golden, don't have to touch anything.

Jackpine

Set the heaters as high as you can without buckling the material. I print with the heads high all the time. Select the profile and print. I prefer matte banner, print bi directional 720x720 dpi. If you get banding because ink setting too fast lower the fixer heater. Generally 45 degrees by 45 degrees is as low as you will need to go.
Optix is good material and I have used it but I prefer Ultra Flex.