• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing on oracal 3621

strypguy

I'm using removable 3621 for the first time. I have a roland SP300V. Using versaworks and their matte calendered vinyl profile.

As it's printing the vinyl starts to raise and spread or kind of crease. It happens randomly about 6 inches to a foot into the printing and it is not necessarily on the vinyl that has been printed on. I assume it may be getting too hot as it is coming through the printer?

Anyone out there printing on this material with a roland that can share there heat settings or any other ideas as to why this is happening.

Thanks, John

mshi

They ahve the specific ICC profile for 3621, did you try that compared to a generic matte vinyl?

gnatt66

ive printed 2 rolls worth of stuff on 3621...no issues. anything different there? is the shop cold or esp warm or humid or something?

i use the matte equiv to gcvp (cant remember what VW calls it)

not very often that someone with a 30" printer has that kinda issue. i print banner with short guides and only two pinch rollers on my vp300.

miltondavis

I use the 60" width- room temp vs printer temp has always been the culprit for me with this material, I use a seiko and if my print room temp is cold (in winter) and the printer running hot it always starts to buckle and head strike.