• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Sihl 3216 pull up banner

Jb1983

This banner does not print very well. My rep had recommended it as a "most popular" choice among customers but it sure doesn't impress me.

I cant find any info on it online, even the sihl website does not state what type of material it, PET or PVC?? nor can I find a profile for it. It has fine pebble texture to it and it absorbs ink like a sponge! blacks look grey and everything just looks washed out.

Any magical profiles out there that really load on the ink?

PrintQueen

This banner does not print very well. My rep had recommended it as a "most popular" choice among customers but it sure doesn't impress me.

I cant find any info on it online, even the sihl website does not state what type of material it, PET or PVC?? nor can I find a profile for it. It has fine pebble texture to it and it absorbs ink like a sponge! blacks look grey and everything just looks washed out.

Any magical profiles out there that really load on the ink?

Have you been able to find the magic answer for this profile?? I just ordered and received my first roll of this material, as it was a bit cheaper and seemed to be comparable to the roll-up material we were previously using. I'm experiencing the same color/quality issues with the profile that I pulled off of Sihl's website. Thinking that I'll just have to switch back to the other material.... what a waste :frustrated:

.. i guess I should ask, also, what kind of printer/RIP are you using? We're on an HP Latex 365 running ONYX (living in the past on version 12, but we're working on that, hah)

PrintQueen

wanted to follow back up here -- i spent about 30 feet of material on calibrations, testing, etc.. ya win some and lose some.. BUT I did manage to get increasingly better quality by increasing the optimizer level. When I brought over the original profile that Sihl recommended, it was plugging in 16% for optimizer level. I increased it to 25%, and that helped a bit.. but the ink is still not getting down into the cracks of the pebbly texture.. was thinking of trying to increase the ink density to 10p_110, but I honestly don't want to have to lay down more ink than necessary.. wondering if you ended up having any luck, or if you just wound up switching materials?