• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Printing problem on convex?? PLEASE HELP

Will308decals

Hey all, I am kind of in a time crunch with these decals I am making for a local middle school football team and I started printing tonight but something is going wrong. As you can see in the picture below I am printing a grey background, and then blue and black on top, but the blue and black on the lower decal prints terrible. The decal on the upper half is fine but the lower half is really bad. Can anyone explain why this is happening??

Anything will help,
Thank you,
Will

Attachments

• IMG_7756.jpg
    IMG_7756.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_7757.jpg
    IMG_7757.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 146

Will308decals

Hey all, I am kind of in a time crunch with these decals I am making for a local middle school football team and I started printing tonight but something is going wrong. As you can see in the picture below I am printing a grey background, and then blue and black on top, but the blue and black on the lower decal prints terrible. The decal on the upper half is fine but the lower half is really bad. Can anyone explain why this is happening??

Anything will help,
Thank you,
Will
I am printing on a brand new roll of convex

Will308decals

I just tried another setup. Instead of having the decals set like they are ( both facing down) I printed some with them both facing each other, so taking up more horizontal material rather than vertical material. I was able to fit 3 sets vertically. The top 2 sets printed well (the top sets closest to the top of the vinyl), but the lowest set I once again had issues with. I have had this problem before, especially with dark colored foils, where the bottom 1/3 of so of the printer doesn't like to print overtop of other colors.
Has anyone experienced this as well? I posted about this a while back and some people said it could be an electrical issue, but I never did anything with it.

Please let me know

Adam.Foster

What Edge model are you using?
If its always the bottom 1/3 it sounds like your print head has come out of alignment. Usually caused by the cover slamming down when the shocks get week. Do your shocks still hold the cover up on its own? whats does a 11x11 box filled with 50% cobalt blue printed on 220 vinyl look like?

AKwrapguy

So pro tip....
When foil printing, I don't think that your work area can ever be clean enough.

Unlike large format, the rolls usually sit close to the table surface and dirt will jump up to the roll.

So I think that you have two maybe three issues here. One is a dirty work area. The second is a static issue. Possibly third is a material issue.

Browner

I'm sure it's something to do with the (uneven) pressure of the printhead across the material. Not sure how to adjust that, or if it's even possible. Could also be uneven material... but that's a little less likely.
A couple of things that I've found helps:
Set the black to OVERPRINT (not overlap). It should end up using the highest heat/pressure settings. To make doubly sure, in GSPlot, go to Print Options, Right Click on the foil colour, and select Heat. Set it to Hot (if it isn't already).
On some materials, I've found that storing it rolled up a little 'looser' than normal helps the material relax a bit... clearing up most, if not all, of the 'voids' in the prints. You could even go the extra mile of unrolling whatever amount you're going to print the night before.

Will308decals

I'm sure it's something to do with the (uneven) pressure of the printhead across the material. Not sure how to adjust that, or if it's even possible. Could also be uneven material... but that's a little less likely.
A couple of things that I've found helps:
Set the black to OVERPRINT (not overlap). It should end up using the highest heat/pressure settings. To make doubly sure, in GSPlot, go to Print Options, Right Click on the foil colour, and select Heat. Set it to Hot (if it isn't already).
On some materials, I've found that storing it rolled up a little 'looser' than normal helps the material relax a bit... clearing up most, if not all, of the 'voids' in the prints. You could even go the extra mile of unrolling whatever amount you're going to print the night before.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!