• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing silver on non-reflective vinyl

KGraphics

Is there a way to print "silver" color rather than just standard grey on a non-reflective vinyl? Looking specifically for some color specs to use that have come out nicely for you. I use AI/Flexi 19 for design work and I use a Roland VS-540i for printing.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
yes. you would set it up as a spot color - similar to how it's done for printing white ink. I'm not sure if that machine can do silver or not - but I will warn you... once you dedicate that slot to silver - there is no going back. At least that is what I understand regarding our Roland XR-640. We have never dedicated it.
Instead we have an Epson Surecolor and it does metallic silver or white. We do a bit of white (just did some today) - but I can count on one hand how many jobs I've done with silver.