• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing solid colors on Mimaki CJV 150-160

Kinkajou

Hi guys, it's been a while!

I'm back here asking for some help with flat colors.
I have to print a yellow box (#ffe600) on top of which there is a black logo with black text (#00000). This is the file that was provided to me (pdf)
Now, if i print with my usual media profile, yellow came up a mess (dotted). So I decided to change the spot color to 100% Y only. The problem is the black. I can not in any way bring out the black well defined, with "sharp" edges.

In the past I've had issues with the print head that I eventually had replaced but it doesn't seem the same problem. I am currently printing a lot of heavy graphics once a week on Avery hi-tack, and they are all ultra defined. Now I'm having problems with these small stickers (8cm down to 3cm).

I rechecked the feed comp, temperatures, and drop pos, all normal.
I have limited the amount of ink output un to -35% but the problem persists.

I'm printing on Avery MPI 2800 HOP gloss with a Mimaki CJV 150-160 with SS21 inks.

Any advice? Thank you!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 18.58.55.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-05 at 18.58.55.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 266

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's definitely just over saturating. I'd turn up the heat and try different profiles. It could be expired ink or bad media as well.

Kinkajou

Hi guys.
dudeinthemoon yes, no improvement.
Solventinkjet I remembered that I already printed years ago the same color combination on Avery vinyl. I searched for the ripped file and used the same settings... it worked.

Print with Mimaki GenericPVC profile (max res, 12 pass, MFD1, bi-directional, normal speed, -15% total ink, colors switched to l.a.b. values) worked. I started to think that maybe the cause was the compatible inks (I'm using Nazdar SS21 inks), but fortunately that wasn't the case!

Thank you for answering me :)