• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Vehicle Wraps On 3m 380

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

We are printing a vehicle wrap on 3M 380 and have done many times in the past, but has anyone else noticed that solid colours are dulled down on this material? We printed a lot of solid red on our HP 360, almost identical to Pantone 186C, and find we had to seriously adjust the colour values to match the red. Otherwise it comes out as a dull, under saturated bright red.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do you have any other alternatives for materials? The problem too is I now have to colour match again on Ultraflex Ultravision 6040 window perf as the material has a different coating..

Steve

AKwrapguy

I didn't know that IJ380 was still a thing... I thought that they were discontinuing that line and pushing people to the 480 and now 480mc

AKwrapguy

I've been told this is one of the things latex do badly.. printing on vehicle wrap films.

Latex might actually be better to wrap with since it doesn't 'bite' into the film changing the way the material acts. You can feel the difference especially when printing with darker colors. When printing with latex you also don't have to wait to let the material out gas so you're able to print, laminate and than apply all in the same day which is a huge time saver and time is money...

ericm

printed with the Hp 370 now we use the HP 570 best color ever!!!!!!
the car was silver
zack.jpg
zack2.jpg