• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing White + Color in Flexi 21

StickerGuy83

For the life of me, I cannot get this Epson s80600 to lay white ink down. The steps i've taken are below. If anyone can see that I may be missing a step or a setting, please chime in!

Epson s80600L
Flexi Sign & Print 21

Load raster image (PNG) into Flexi Sign & Print 21
Add a solid underbase from the effects menu.

Rip & Print Settings:

Print Mode: Color + White
Use printer spot colors is checked and under color mapping, it shows the underbase with the printer color as white.

In production manager, under job properties, "use color mapping" is checked.

Under the printer tab in production manager, white is set to "under color".
Ink density for the white is set to 100%.

Under the output channel preview tab in production manager, it shows where the white will be and it is correct.

ICC profile is for an adhesive vinyl, but has a color + white mode and is set to CMYKW.

I send the job. The printer does not print any white, it just prints the colors. I've tried it as a spot mode as well, still no white ink.
What am I doing wrong?

ThuddNugget

Is the file set up properly to have white print as a spot color? occasionally my graphics guy forgetst to put a space between Spot and 1 or adds a space at the end of the color layer name. Those will not register the spot color information properly. Curious to know if you have the option to flood fill with white and if that works.

StickerGuy83

Is the file set up properly to have white print as a spot color? occasionally my graphics guy forgetst to put a space between Spot and 1 or adds a space at the end of the color layer name. Those will not register the spot color information properly. Curious to know if you have the option to flood fill with white and if that works.
I use Flexi 21. It has an option to add an underbase to an object. I use that to lay white under any color when printing onto clear films. In PM, you can preview the white channel before you send it, and it shows the white ink area in the preview. The modes for the white in PM are set to under color. I've also tried it as spot, but possibly I did not setup the Spot information correctly? I've also confirmed the color mode in the ICC is Color + White.

ThuddNugget

I use Flexi 21. It has an option to add an underbase to an object. I use that to lay white under any color when printing onto clear films. In PM, you can preview the white channel before you send it, and it shows the white ink area in the preview. The modes for the white in PM are set to under color. I've also tried it as spot, but possibly I did not setup the Spot information correctly? I've also confirmed the color mode in the ICC is Color + White.
We use Thrive so I may be leading you down the wrong rabbit hole.

mim

0_o
we use Onyx but to get white to print (which was a nightmare to figure out) we have to name the white color Spot1 for it to be read. Should appear in the preview as a magenta-ish color but prints white.