• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing white ink around Summa registration marks on black substrate for Summa cutter?

PLO

Hi,

Is there a way of getting the latex HP800w to print a white bar & box around the Summa cutter registration marks so that the cutter can see the marks on a black substrate?

I am using the Onyx rip 22.

Any advise that will be very helpful.

Thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 221

White Haus

Not a Newbie
You could manually create crop marks in Corel/Illustrator and assign Spot1 to those, or just lay down some white vinyl for the marks to print on.

Otherwise, can you create a custom camera profile and just adjust the threshold/contrast so it picks up the marks?

DrunknMonk

so in thrive, go to media manager, make a duplicate of your profile, change its name to include white marks in the name, then to basic media profile settings on the left, bottom option select print label colour and choose white, make sure you keep clicking right arrow after, so it saves it.

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2354.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14

White Haus

Not a Newbie
so in thrive, go to media manager, make a duplicate of your profile, change its name to include white marks in the name, then to basic media profile settings on the left, bottom option select print label colour and choose white, make sure you keep clicking right arrow after, so it saves it.

Well I'll be damned! That will come in handy. Thanks for sharing the details!