• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing with no ink coming out onto vinyl

D-Kemp

I have a Mutoh 1324 printer and I recently switched to the bag ink from the cartridges. The yellow cartridge ran out so I replaced it with the bag. I didn't get it seated in properly so when the yellow in the lines ran out it wasn't printing the correct color. I then broke things down and got the yellow flowing back through and printed several jobs. I then put everything back together and started printing another job and in the middle of this job it gave me an error 085 head heat. They suggested that I needed a new cap top so that was ordered and put in. Did a cleaning and ink was now on the new cap top. I then tried to print again and while it was doing its cleaning it just powered itself off. I was told that it might be the F2 fuse so that was sent to us and replaced still not able to print. I sent a job to the printer and while it was in the middle of cleaning it just powered itself off. I was then told by the support tech that I needed a main board which was 1200.00. While waiting for the main board to arrive I was able to send a small job to the printer and it went through all the motions as if it were printing. No ink was coming out onto the vinyl. At a loss here can't figure out what would be the problem now. Please help

TMAhoia

I have a Mutoh 1324 printer and I recently switched to the bag ink from the cartridges. The yellow cartridge ran out so I replaced it with the bag. I didn't get it seated in properly so when the yellow in the lines ran out it wasn't printing the correct color. I then broke things down and got the yellow flowing back through and printed several jobs. I then put everything back together and started printing another job and in the middle of this job it gave me an error 085 head heat. They suggested that I needed a new cap top so that was ordered and put in. Did a cleaning and ink was now on the new cap top. I then tried to print again and while it was doing its cleaning it just powered itself off. I was told that it might be the F2 fuse so that was sent to us and replaced still not able to print. I sent a job to the printer and while it was in the middle of cleaning it just powered itself off. I was then told by the support tech that I needed a main board which was 1200.00. While waiting for the main board to arrive I was able to send a small job to the printer and it went through all the motions as if it were printing. No ink was coming out onto the vinyl. At a loss here can't figure out what would be the problem now. P
Any update on this ?
We had a E152 message and it said CR Base Fuse. However the base fuse was fine- ended up changing out with a new CR Board. Of course that did not fix the error message. We were told to change out the printhead. Changed it out , no error message printer initializes and says READY to PRINT. However, nothing prints whatsoever. Cleaning and inks running to printhead seems to be working fine. We are told that we may have fried the printhead when changing out ( we live in the islands so hard to find a tech on island) So basically that is what is going on with ours. No print whatsoever