• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pro-4000 color way off after updating OS/Photoshop

JPR-5690

When I print from Photoshop using a custom icc profile (supplied by the vendor) the image is coming out incredibly dull and desaturated.
(OSX 12.12, Pshop CC)

I dont always print from Photoshop so I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening, but when I do I always use the same process – and have for years – without issue.
(convert file to adobe rgb, let photoshop manage colors, choose the correct icm profile, relative colorimetric with bpc, etc)
I don't have this issue when printing from Caldera, but Caldera doesn't seem to use the media specific color profiles so its still not accurate enough for reproduction prints.

What's odd is that if I "proof colors" in photoshop and chose the same output profile, the image previews just as dull and desaturated as it prints.
This makes me think that the issue is with the way that Photoshop or OSx reference the actual color profile.

I removed the profiles from the ColorSync library, rebooted photoshop, re-downloaded and 'reinstalled' the profiles in the ColorSync library, and even deleted the printed and re-added it...none of that made a difference.
The only thing I haven't tried is removing and reinstalling the media profiles on the printer itself.

Any insight or suggestions?