• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help problem printing onto reverse micorperf.

Bryce I

I'm Brie
I'm trying to print a window graphic onto some "reverse microperf", the stuff where the adhesive is exposed, and you print directly onto it, then stick to the inside of a window with the graphics being readable from the outside. It gets a little bit of the way into the print, then quits, giving an "end of sheet" error. Something about the sticky side facing up is confusing the printer. I tried adding more media clamps, usually used for heavy media like banner. I've tried a few times now, and gotten about a third of the way through the job, but it keeps quitting. Anyone run into this? picture below.
Thanks!
(This is on a Roland VG-540)

Attachments

• perf.jpg
    perf.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 160

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Is it at different parts every time? Maybe stick some masking tape or something over the media sensor if there is one and just remember to take it off before printing something else lol

ChicagoGraphics

I had that happend to me on my Mimaki but printing different material, It turned out It was the encoder strip was dirty, after cleaning It, It was fine

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We never had a great experience using gecko grip perf or similar on our old Roland. We gave up on it....went to UV printed on clear, mirrored with white ink & black ink base.