• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with my summasign D610

bozzi

Hi out there! I hope someone can help.... i hade a fine working cutter until yesterday. I use flexisign and the cutter is connect to a USB converter (from serielport on the cutter to seriel/usb converter to the pc. I did not change anything on my pc or software/hardware. When i execute a job its shows that it cut in flexisign but the cutter dont respond. I get only on the cutter screen this text " CLEARING ABORTED DATA....". iS THERE ANYONE OUT THERWHO CAN HELP? I also try to install summa cutter software and driver. When i try to connect to the cutter it says check the cable the cutter in no connect. i have try with other cable and its samme error i get. I use the right com port and i checked all things.

letterman7

You may have to reload the USB convertor driver. If nothing else has changed, then it has to be a software issue, or the convertor went bad.. which doesn't happen too often.

bozzi

I tryed to uninstall the driver and also change the com port but it says the same: clearing aborted data. Its seems that the problem is on the cutter. Is there no function so i can delete or reset the cutter?

bozzi

Attachments

• IMGP4291.JPG
    IMGP4291.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:

letterman7

If you power the cutter and the computer off, restart the computer, clear the cache, then power back up the cutter. The cutter's internal memory is (or should be) automatically wiped each time it's powered down then back up. Make sure there are no jobs in the queue in Flexi before you power back up the cutter - Flexi may be trying to send tons of old data (hence clearing the computer cache). After you do all that and power back up the cutter and still receive that error message, then yes, there is something wrong with the cutter, maybe a bad board. If that happens email Summa with this thread and see if they have a suggestion.

bozzi

I also try with summa cutter software and get this error

Attachments

• screen111.jpg
    screen111.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

CRD

Remove serial cable.
Power off/on the machine.
In the menu look for the machine reset to factory setting.
Select it and execute it.
Power down the machine and wait 1 minute (clearing capacitors on main board)
Power up the machine.
Perform cuttertest from the machine (not the PC)
Power of machine
Connect serial cable
Power on machine
Perform small! Flexi job preferable newly created not old one.
Result??????????????

Let us know
Paco

Last edited:

bozzi

Hi Paco

I can not see on the D610 cutter where the reset to factory setting is. Its seems that there are no such function. I have been true whole settings on the cutter but can not find that reset function? Can any one help?

CRD

I L\looked in the usermanual at the Belgium Summa website and found an English version for the D520 and larger. There is no LCD or tree sturcture of the functions in this manual. Can you reset the machine with the summa cuttercontrol software? Otherwise send an email to the support of Summa Belgium.

Paco

bozzi

HI CRD
I have try to connect by the SUMMA Cutter control, but as i put a screen of the result i can not connect to the cutter (see picture above).....

letterman7

You don't have your ports configured correctly. Unplug everything off the cutter, including the power cord. Wait 5 minutes, then plug the power cord back in. Turn the cutter on and tell us what the screen says. If the cutter itself is ok, you'll get your normal startup screen.

If that works, turn the cutter back off, plug the serial cable back in and turn the cutter back on. Usually your computer will say something like 'detecting new hardware' or some such. If you still can't send from Flexi or the Summa software and get the same error that the cutter isn't connected, you'll have to start digging into your port settings. Open up your control panel and get to the hardware connections section. Look for any ports that are showing as an error. On my system, using Windows7, the serial cable and usb convertor show as 'Gigaware Serial to USB cable' - which is the maker of the convertor. My cutter is currently off, but my system still recognizes the USB. Are you entirely sure that every cable is connected and tight? Did you accidentally maybe move something that could have bumped a connection?

If everything else checks and you still have issues, call or email Summa for diagnostics.

bozzi

Hi letterman7
I unplug everything off the cutter include the power cable. I wait 3-4 hours and then turn the cutter on, without connect the seriel cable. I just turn the power on and the display says "Clearing arborted data" :banghead:

letterman7

:doh: Oh boy... sounds like the mainboard on the cutter died. Call Summa to confirm. Might be cheaper to purchase another cutter than replace the board depending on how old your machine is. Good luck.

bozzi

Thanks i did call summa and he also told me that he think the problem is the mainboard....... So now i just wait to get a price on a new mainboard..............

bozzi

Hi again
After i try a 1000 things i try a RS232 test on the cutter. Now the error "Clearing arborted data" is changed with " RS232 data error detected" and its allow me on the screen to choose two things. 1: clearing arborted data and 2: to abort. When i press 1 it come up with the text clearing arborted data and after 20 seconds it come with 5-7 bip (sounds) and get back to the options 1 or 2. Nothing else from the display are possible to pres..............

Attachments

• IMGP4295 [1000mb].jpg
    IMGP4295 [1000mb].jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMGP4296 [1000mb].jpg
    IMGP4296 [1000mb].jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMGP4297 [1000mb].jpg
    IMGP4297 [1000mb].jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMGP4298 [1000mb].jpg
    IMGP4298 [1000mb].jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 156

round man

just a thought here but did you check device manager to see if windows has reassigned the adapter to a different port? it will do that sometimes and it'll really screw things up,....sometimes it will show this as a port not found in your cutting software,...sometimes it will not